We all dread the unwanted negative effects of aging. That’s why we try anything that we can to limit the aging process. Luckily for you, you don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars on skin care products. There are foods you can add to your diet that will help with aging. Best of all, most of these foods are already in your pantry or refrigerator.
Can You Reverse Aging Skin with Diet?
When it comes to trying to reverse aging with your diet, what you don’t eat is just as important as what you do eat. Eating the right food can supply your skin with the nutrients it needs to produce new collagen. It’s important to note, changing your diet won’t provide you with an overnight solution to aging.
Just like the case with any other diet, you need to head into it with a long-term plan, focusing on long-term lifestyle changes. These diet changes will not only help you feel and look younger, but they will also improve your longevity. As you get older, you should be just as focused on increasing your lifespan as you are on looking younger.
What to Eat to Slow Down Aging
The best anti-aging foods include the essential nutrients your body needs to support anti-aging bodily functions. When it comes to the skin, researchers have determined that eating fruits and vegetables is the safest and healthiest way to combat dull complexions and fine lines. Here are some anti-aging foods you should add to your diet:
- Watercress - This leafy green is full of calcium, potassium, manganese, and phosphorus
- Red bell pepper - Plenty of antioxidants
- Papaya - Rich in a variety of antioxidants and vitamins
- Blueberries - Rich in both vitamins A and C
- Broccoli - Anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties
- Spinach - Hydrating and packed with antioxidants
Adding these foods into your diet will provide benefits that extend beyond slowing down aging. You will feel and look better!
What Foods are Good for Wrinkle Free Skin?
As we get older, our skin begins to lose elasticity, which can lead to wrinkles and fine lines. Wrinkles are one of the least desirable side-effects of aging. Luckily, there are foods that can help reduce wrinkles and prevent them from developing in the first place. Here are the foods you need to eat if you’re looking to prevent wrinkles:
- Papaya - This fruit contains vitamins that improve skin elasticity
- Avocados - Free radicals can cause wrinkles and avocados contain antioxidants than can help you fight them off
- Garlic - Garlic contains antioxidants and polyphenols that protect your skin
- Carrots - Carrots are a source of vitamin C which boosts the production of collagen throughout the body
- Nuts - Nuts are a great source of Vitamin E which helps repair the skin
You will begin to notice the same foods mentioned throughout the article. This is because some of these foods provide MULTIPLE skin benefits.
Top Foods That Are Good for Younger Looking Skin
If you’re looking to look younger the foods you should be targeting may differ from the foods needed to reduce wrinkles. The same could be said for those who are looking for younger skin. Here are some foods that reverse aging and foods you can find in any anti-aging diet for skin:
- Extra virgin olive oil - Animal and lab studies suggest it has strong anti-inflammatory effects on the skin and may protect it from sun damage
- Fatty fish - Fatty fish can protect against inflammation and damage from sun exposure
- Vegetables - Contains antioxidants which can protect from free radicals
- Flaxseeds - Flaxseeds contain ALA which protects the skin from sun radiation
These foods not only help with wrinkles but they also help you avoid wrinkles altogether.
What Foods Cause Wrinkles?
Just like with any other diet, what you don’t eat is just as important as what you do eat. This is especially true when it comes to any anti-aging diet. Certain foods can speed up the aging process in your skin. Here are some of the foods that you should try avoiding:
- Potato chips and french fries
- Doughnuts and sugary pastries
- Hot dogs, bacon, and pepperoni
- Fatty meats
Avoiding these foods will go a long way in avoiding the unwanted side effects of aging. Avoiding these foods will also help you feel better on both a physical and mental level. Just because you should avoid these foods doesn’t mean you should never eat them again. Limit your intake of these foods to maybe once a week or once a month.
What Kind of Anti-Aging Drinks Are There?
An anti-aging diet doesn’t limit you to only eating fruits and vegetables. There are easy, homemade, DIY, drink recipes that you can try to reduce the effects of aging. Best of all, the recipes required to make these drinks can all be found in the pantry or the refrigerator. Here are some drinks you should try:
- Pink grapefruit juice
- Beet juice
- Green tea
- Orange juice
- Carrot juice
Try to mix in some of these drinks with your diet.
What Herbs Make You Look Younger?
Herbs are high in antioxidants that inhibit the growth of cell-damaging free radicals in the body. There are even skin care treatments that revolve around herbs. Here are some of the best anti-aging herbs for longevity:
- Guduchi (Goo-doo-chee)
- Guggulu (Goo-goo-loo)
- Amalaki (Ah-mah-lah-key)
- Gotu-kola (Go-tuh-cola)
Mix these herbs in with some of the other food we have mentioned throughout the article!
Spermidine Supplements Increase Longevity
We mentioned that as long as you follow an anti-aging diet you should have no issue getting the nutrients that you need to ensure healthy skin. This is because these diets were specifically designed to get you the nutrients that you need. However, even if you follow the diet to a T, it can still be difficult to get your recommended daily dose of the recommended nutrients.
This is where supplements can come in handy. For example, spermidine helps induce autophagy, which is a crucial bodily function that helps you live a longer, healthier life. Unfortunately, most people struggle to get their recommended daily dose of spermidine. This is why spermidine supplements can help you live a longer, healthier life.
Listen to this article: