Everyone wants to live a full and healthy life, we call that longevity. We have spent millennia researching ways to stay healthy and ways to promote longevity. Recently, scientists have discovered the foundational block of longevity. It is a compound naturally produced by our body, called spermidine.
Spermidine is the compound that triggers our cells into a process called autophagy. Autophagy allows our cells to shed layers of waste and regenerate instead of slowing down and dying off. As we age, our natural levels of spermidine go down and the symptoms of aging arise.
Although spermidineLIFE offers the most amount of concentrated spermidine on the market, there are foods that naturally possess spermidine. At Longevity Labs, our goal is to help you find a path to a longer healthier life, whether that be through our products or through educational materials. Below, you will find a growing collection of our favorite spermidine rich food recipes!
Try out our recipes, and please post a photo and tag us!
BROCCOLI, MUSHROOM, CHEDDAR AND BACON EGG BAKE
This recipe has three of the top ten spermidine rich foods in it. Not to mention, it tastes delicious! Enjoy this recipe on a casual Saturday morning and then enjoy the rest on Sunday. This can feed up to eight people!
What you Need:
- 1 pound of sliced mushrooms*
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli, thickly sliced*
- 2 cups diced bacon
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (aged one year or more)*
- 14 eggs, whipped or beaten so that both the egg whites and yolks blend together.
- 1-2 tsp. Garlic Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
* = spermidine rich food
- Start by chopping your bacon into small pieces while your pan heats up.
- Cook the bacon until crispy.
- Keep some of the grease from the bacon and sautee the mushrooms.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces, cover them, and microwave them for 4 minutes with half a cup of water to soften the broccoli.
- Crack the eggs and whisk until they are one, consistent color
- Grab a baking pan or cast-iron skillet then place the broccoli and mushrooms on the bottom, evenly spaced
- Add the crispy bacon bits and cheese to the bottom of the pan
- Add the eggs and carefully stir until the ingredients are evenly mixed
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until the top of your bake is starting to brown.