Losing weight is difficult, no way around it. If you’re beginning a weight-loss journey, you need all the help you can get. This means knowing the most efficient exercises and the best practices to pair with your exercise. In this article, we will discuss what exercises burn the most belly fat, what food you should avoid, and home workouts that require little to no equipment.
What Exercise Burns the Most Belly Fat?
When it comes to burning belly fat, any form of exercise mixed with a healthy diet typically helps. However, there are some methods of exercise that experts agree are more effective than other methods. If you are focused on burning fat, here are some of the exercises you should add to your gym routine:
- Crunches - Crunches are viewed as one of if not the most effective ways to burn fat. On top of helping burn fat, crunches also can help build abs
- Walking - The best part about walking is that it takes no equipment or gym membership. Mixed with a healthy diet, walking can help burn belly fat
- Cycling - Cycling is one of the best ways to get and keep your heart rate moving at a high level, which helps burns calories
- Aerobics - Just like walking, high-intensity aerobic workouts are something you can do from home with no equipment or gym membership
One of the most important things regarding burning belly fat is consistency. Exercising is important, but you need to find some consistency in order to get long-term results.
Best Diet Practices
If you’re serious about losing weight, you need to combine weight-loss exercises with a healthy diet. Experts believe that your diet is the single biggest contributing factor when it comes to losing weight. More important than the food that you do eat is the food that you don’t eat. Here are some of the foods you should avoid when trying to lose weight:
- Sugar - Research has shown that a high-sugar diet leads to poorer overall function compared to a low-sugar diet
- Processed foods - Diets filled with processed food can lead to colitis and metabolic diseases
- Soy - Soy can be healthy but unfortunately, much of today’s soy goes through processing. A high soy diet can have damaging effects on your gut microbiome
- Dairy - Studies have shown that dairy consumption changes the bacterial makeup of your gut within days, allowing strains linked to intestinal disease and inflammation to flourish
- Eggs - Certain proteins in eggs encourages the growth of gut bacteria that produce a chemical compound that causes clotting and thus raises the risk of heart attack and stroke
- Vegetables to avoid - 90% of all corn grown in the United States is genetically modified
We know that some of this food can be enjoyable. However, cutting it out of your diet can help tremendously. You can still enjoy these foods from time to time but cut back on your consumption.
What Exercise Burns the Most Fat at Home?
Believe it or not, some of the most efficient exercises require no equipment or gym memberships. You can practice most of these exercises at your home with little to no equipment required. Here is a six-step fat-burning workout that experts recommend that should only take you 15-30 minutes.
- Jumping jacks
- Squat jumps
- Skater jumps
- Plank jacks
- High knees
Even if these exercises don’t require equipment, you should stretch thoroughly before beginning your workout.
Should I Get 30 Minutes of Exercise a Day?
Most experts recommend working out 150-minutes per week. For most people, this means five different 30-minute workouts. However, with your busy schedule, this can be difficult. This is why many experts recommend working out in increments if at all possible. There are no rules that state you MUST workout for 30-consecutive minutes.
A study published by the Journal of the American Heart Association showed that several five-or 10-minute exercise sessions spread throughout the day have the same long-term effect as a continuous 30-minute workout. Even if you can’t hit 150-minutes per week, you should get as much exercise in as you can.
Supplements Can Help
One supplement that can help encourage weight loss is spermidine. This is because spermidine helps induce something called autophagy. This is the body’s process of replacing old and potentially damaged cell parts with newer, healthier ones. Autophagy literally means ‘self-eat.’
This process helps keep you feeling and looking young while also dramatically lowering your chances of developing aging diseases such as Parkison’s and Alzheimer’s. While it is possible to get your recommended daily intake of spermidine through your diet, it’s recommended to take supplements so you ensure you get the right dose. Simply taking your supplements with your dinner is a great way to remember to take spermidine supplements every night.