Our immune systems are a very important component of our wellbeing. If it isn’t working to its fullest ability, we will get sick more often. The gut is the home to many good and bad bacteria, this is the makeup of the intestinal tract. Below you can find out all the ways that our immune system can negatively be affected by an unhealthy gut.
Does Gut Health Affect The Immune System?
There is so much within the body that can be directly affected by the gut. It is the root of so many illnesses and diseases that can happen. There is good bacteria and bad bacteria, and you need an accumulation of both to keep everything running properly. Some of the signs that your gut isn’t healthy are:
- Stomach Trouble
- Unable to Manage Weight
- Restless Sleeping Habits
- Skin Problems
- Weakened Immune System
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Intolerance To Certain Foods
When the gut doesn’t have the right balance of bacteria in it, you can start to notice a difference in the way your body is fighting off sickness. Your immune system relies on your gut microbiome to thrive. Without gut health, your immune system wouldn’t be able to protect you as well as it should.
How Does The Microbiome Influence The Immune System?
The gut is the root cause of many things that happen in our bodies. Microbiome immune system interaction happens from the beginning of life, helping to shape our immune systems into what they need to be. When you have a healthy cross of these two things, your body can protect you the way that it is supposed to. Some of the factors that can affect your microbiome are:
- Birth Methods
Research has shown that over half of the body’s immune cells are in the gut, which means that it is directly affected by the health of the gut. That all goes back to the gut being the root cause of many of the issues that we face. A healthy gut can improve a list of many symptoms that we feel in our bodies.
Which Probiotics Are Best For The Immune System?
Probiotics could be a good option for people to use that experience gut problems. They can help to promote the growth of healthy bacteria in your gut. Something that can play a big role in the effectiveness of your immune system. Some that are beneficial to your immune system are:
- Lactobacillus- This one is the most commonly used probiotic. Individuals who are lactose intolerant can find this probiotic helpful in digesting dairy products.
- Bifidobacterium- This is the next best to the Lactobacillus and can be a beneficial component to an unhealthy gut.
- Saccharomyces- All of these probiotics are used to help treat a gut that isn’t happy. Surprisingly these are all able to be used on animals and humans.
Taking probiotics to boost your immune system health can be beneficial. Although probiotics alone are not going to stop you from getting sick, it can lessen your chances. It is more like a precaution you can take. You may still get sick, but it may be a more mild case then if you weren’t taking them.
Does The Immune System Start In The Gut?
Immune system and the gut have a connection inside of the body. The gut is where a majority of the immune system is found. A healthy gut can mean a healthy immune system, they both go hand in hand. You can have a whole list of problems when your gut isn’t healthy, such as:
- Weight Gain or Loss
- Skin Problems and Irritants
- Food Intolerances
This all works because the bacteria found in the gut helps to produce white blood cells. Those are the cells that help your body fight off infections. Bacteria is often thought of as a bad thing, but we actually need a certain amount of bacteria in our systems to keep things functioning well.
Can Gut Health Help Your Immune System?
When people experience bouts of abnormal GI tract functions, it can be a very uncomfortable situation. To keep the gut properly working and functioning with the GI tract, you need to do what you can to promote a healthy one. Eating healthy and taking probiotics you can improve gut health and immunity. There are some foods that can promote a healthy gut, such as:
- Yogurt- Great source of good bacteria for your gut.
- Kefir- Good bacteria supplied by fermented milk.
- Miso- This is a non-dairy source of good bacteria for you to help your gut. Its source is soybeans and barley rice.
- Sauerkraut- This fermented cabbage is a super great choice to pack in the fiber, probiotics, and vitamins.
- Kimchi- Fermented veggies are one way that the Korean culture gets in a good dose of probiotic bacteria, vitamins, and fiber.
- Sourdough- This is one of the better options for bread choices, due to the fact that your body can digest it better than others. The fermented dough is what gives it those properties.
- Almonds- These nuts are a good source of fatty acids and fiber.
- Olive Oil- Choosing olive oil over the other kinds is one of the better choices to make. It has been shown to reduce inflammation in the gut and promote good gut bacteria and microbes.
- Kombucha- Fermented tea, this is a common drink in Manchuria. It is packed full of probiotic bacteria for your gut to be happy and healthy.
- Brussel Sprouts- There are certain bacteria that can produce in the gut and make you feel really crummy. Brussel sprouts contain a component that can help fight it off.
- Peas- This vegetable is packed full of fiber, which can help to promote a healthy gut.
- Bananas- This fruit is full of healthy fiber.
- Garlic- Garlic is packed full of nutrients that are good for the body, one of those areas is the gut. It is known to contain antibacterial and antifungal components that are super beneficial.
- Ginger- This is a common ingredient used to soothe stomach troubles. It has components in it that reduce acid accumulation and keeps things moving.
There are many things that you can do to promote a healthy gut. You can eat the right foods, things that are high in fiber, less sugar, and try to only take antibiotics when it is absolutely necessary. Having a good mental and physical routine is always beneficial, try to exercise daily and get enough sleep at night.
Supplements Can Help
When our bodies are lacking the necessary vitamins and minerals that it needs, there are always other options out there to help you. As we age, sometimes we need help to get the daily doses of everything that we need. When the cells in our bodies begin to slow down, things can begin to happen to make you not feel 100%.
Spermidine is a supplement that might be just what you are looking for. Healing your body from the inside out can be one of the best things that you can do. By taking Spermidine you can help to rejuvenate the cells that have started to take a break and liven them back up. By giving your body cells this boost of energy, you can be back in full force in no time.