How to Lose Weight Fast
- Katherine Li
spermidineLIFE® Dietary Supplement
We’ve all been there. Looking at ourselves in the mirror wondering “how can I lose all this weight as quickly as possible?” While there are ways you can lose weight quickly, it’s recommended that you go on a weight loss journey with long-term goals rather than short-term ones. In this article, we will go over how you can lose weight fast, foods to eat and avoid, and exercises you should add to your workout regimen.
How Much Weight Can You Lose On Fat Burners?
Fat burners claim to increase fat metabolism, impair fat absorption, increase weight loss, and increase fat oxidation during exercise. These supplements typically contain a number of minerals and nutrients that work together to strengthen the body’s fat-burning process. While these supplements can certainly help, it’s important to go into a supplement regimen with realistic goals and expectations.
Going into a regimen of fat burners with the expectation of immediate overnight weight loss will only lead to disappointment. On top of that, experts agree that this method of weight loss is not healthy nor sustainable. By pairing fat burners with a healthy diet and regular exercise, you can expect a sustainable rate of fat loss which is 1-3 pounds per week.
How to Lose Weight in 7 Days
It is possible to lose up to 10 pounds in a week. It may not be recommended by experts and doctors, but it is possible. With rapid weight loss, most of the weight you lose is water weight, not bodyweight because you can’t safely burn through 10 pounds. While these weight loss methods may not lead to rapid weight loss, they can lead to long-term more sustainable weight loss. Here are some tips:
- Eat more protein and fewer carbs - Foods that are rich in protein can help boost your metabolism, which increases weight loss
- Avoid processed foods - We all love ordering from our favorite pizza joint or going to our favorite fast-food restaurant, but these foods make it nearly impossible to lose weight. Replace these foods with whole foods
- Reduce your calorie intake - At the end of the day, losing weight can be reduced to one simple formula. The higher your caloric deficit, the better. You can reduce the number of calories you eat by counting calories, fasting, eating veggies, and avoiding sodas and juice
- Lift weights - Your body actually burns fat while you’re sitting around doing nothing. The more muscle you have, the more active your body is while you are at rest. This leads to weight loss even you’re relaxing
Again, you should be viewing this experience as a marathon and not a sprint. While you may see some short-term results when changing your lifestyle, persistence is key to reach sustained success.
Quick Weight Loss Diet Plan
While there’s no diet in the world that can promise you will lose 10 pounds in a week - outside of not eating at all which we HIGHLY advise against - there are diet plans that can show immediate results. Here are some tips to help you achieve quick weight loss with your diet plan:
- Cut back on carbs - By replacing refined carbs with whole grains you will notice that hunger levels will go down and you end up eating fewer calories throughout the day. On a low carb diet, your body will be burning stored fat for energy instead of carbs
- Proteins, fats, and vegetables - Each one of your meals should include a protein source, a fat source, vegetables, and a small portion of complex carbohydrates
- Move often - You should aim to visit the gym at least three to four times per week to lift weights. Even if you can’t lift weights, you can keep your body active by walking, running, playing sports, or simply moving around your house more
Again, to see maximum results you need to aim to make these lifestyle changes permanent.
How to Lose Weight Fast With Exercise
While any type of exercise helps, experts believe that not all exercise should be treated the same. Some exercises are notably better for weight loss than others. Here are some of the best exercises to lose weight fast:
- Walking - Walking is one of the most recommended forms of exercise because it’s easy for beginners, requires no equipment, and can be easy on the body
- Jogging or running - On top of losing weight, jogging can help burn harmful visceral fat which can wrap around your internal organs and lead to diseases such as heart disease and diabetes
- Cycling - People who cycle regularly have better fitness, increased insulin sensitivity, and a lower risk of heart disease
- Weight training - As we mentioned earlier, weight training can help build muscle which can help build metabolism
- Swimming - Swimming is low-impact and easy on your joints
Experts recommend working out 3-4 days per week.
What is the Most Effective Prescription Weight Loss Pill?
Weight loss is already difficult. Many people have an even more difficult time losing weight due to health issues or genetics. In cases such as these, your doctor may prescribe weight loss pills to help. Here are some of the most effective prescription weight loss pills:
- Naltrexone HC1 and bupropion
Just like with fat burners, weight loss pills aren’t magic beans that zap your fat away the second you take them. You will need to pair these pills with a healthy diet and regular exercise routine.
Do Weight Loss Shakes Work?
Protein shakes and other weight loss shakes have grown increasingly more popular in recent years. Experts are actually divided as to how impactful these shakes can be. On one hand, experts think that whole food provides a much better balance of nutrients than meal replacements.
On the other hand, some excerpts believe that protein shakes and other shakes can be a nice replacement for those who don’t have time or the means to cook. Studies have shown that diet shakes that act as meal replacements can lead to just as much weight loss as meals. However, these studies can be misleading as those who drink meal replacement shakes are more likely to take fitness seriously.
Supplements May Help
A healthy lifestyle extends beyond your diet. Pairing your healthy lifestyle with exercise and a regular supplement regimen can help enhance the positive effects of dieting and fasting. While fasting your body enters a process known as autophagy, a cellular renewal process that cleans out damaged or dead cellular material, improving your cells’ overall function and health. Spermidine, a naturally occurring polyamine, aids in inducing autophagy. While you can reap the benefits of spermidine through a spermidine-rich diet, it can be difficult to meet the recommended daily dose of spermidine through diet alone. This is because spermidine content varies widely between foods. Spermidine supplements can help ensure you meet your daily intake of spermidine.