Weight Loss Tips
spermidineLIFE® Dietary Supplement
Losing weight can be a difficult process. If you’re struggling, you’re not alone. Fortunately, there are some helpful tips to help make your weight-loss journey a little easier. In this article, we will go over how you can lose weight with exercise, what the most efficient diets are, and how you can lose weight naturally through lifestyle changes.
How to Lose Weight With Exercise
Experts unanimously agree that diet is the most important part of losing weight. If you want to get the most out of a healthy diet, you will need to pair it with exercise. Luckily, there are many different exercises that can help you lose weight. If you don’t want to be a rigorous weight lifter, you can play your favorite sport, or simply take your dog for a walk. Here are some of the best exercises for losing weight:
- Walking - This is one of the best exercises for weight loss. It’s easy, anyone can do it, and you won’t feel overwhelmed or the need to purchase expensive equipment
- Jogging - Just like walking, jogging can be done by anyone, anywhere without the need to purchase equipment. If you find that jogging outdoors is hard on your joints, try running on softer surfaces such as grass
- Cycling - Cycling is a popular exercise that improves your fitness and can help you lose weight. Although cycling is traditionally done outdoors, many gyms and fitness centers have stationary bikes that allow you to cycle while staying indoors
- Weight training - Weight training has become more and more popular in recent years. On top of losing weight, you can also build strength and promote muscle growth which can raise your resting metabolic rate
- Swimming - Swimming is one of the best forms of cardio that you can practice. Another advantage of swimming is its low-impact nature, meaning that it’s easier on your joints. This makes it a great option for people who have injuries or joint pain. It’s part of the reason why many athletes who are rehabbing from injury work out and rehab in water
When starting an exercise routine, many people push their limits. This can lead to injuries which can make it difficult to lose weight. While it may be tempting to go as hard as you possibly can, ease into it at first.
What is the Best Meal Plan for Losing Weight?
As we mentioned earlier, the best way to lose weight is by practicing a healthy, well-balanced diet. Just as it’s important to not overextend yourself when starting an exercise regiment, it’s important to not overextend yourself when starting a diet. This is why many “crash diets” happen. The best diets are ones that are healthy, easy to follow, and more importantly, tasty.. Here are some of the best meal plans for losing weight:
- Intermittent fasting - This diet plan involves cycling between periods of fasting and eating. This is one of the best ways to lose weight and may not be as hard as you think. Passing on breakfast is one way to practice intermittent fasting
- Plant-based diets - Vegetarianism and veganism restrict animal products for health, ethical, and environmental reasons. However, more flexible plant-based diets also exist, such as the flexitarian diet, which is a plant-based diet that allows eating animal products in moderation
- Low-Carb diets - The most practiced low-carb diet is the keto diet. This diet involved cutting out high-carb foods in order to induce ketosis in your body. Many experts consider this diet effective although it should only be practiced in moderation
- Low-fat diets - Like low-carb diets, low-fat diets have been popular for decades. In general, a low-fat diet involves restricting your fat intake to 30% of your daily calories. Some very- and ultra-low-fat diets aim to limit fat consumption to under 10% of calories
You should consult with your doctor to ensure it’s healthy to practice the diet you’re interested in.
How to Measure Calories in Food at Home
One of the biggest issues facing the United States right now is obesity and one of the biggest contributing factors is portion control. It’s not uncommon for someone to eat double or even triple what the average person is supposed to eat in one sitting. If you are serious about counting your calories, you will need to weigh and measure your food until you’re experienced enough to eye-test everything. Here are some of the ways you can measure your food:
- Scales - The most accurate way to determine how much you’re eating is to weigh your food. However, this can be time-consuming and isn’t always practical.
- Measuring cups - You can use measuring cups to measure your food. This method can be easier than using a scale.
- Comparisons - Using comparisons to common items is quick and easy, especially if you’re away from home. However, it’s also much less accurate.
It’s important to note that calorie counting isn’t an exact science even though you may be weighing and measuring your food. You won’t have to be absolutely spot-on with your measurements but you should try to record your intake as accurately as you can. The foods that are high in fat or sugar should be the ones you should be most careful about.
How to Lose Weight Naturally
We’ve discussed how important food and exercise is when it comes to losing weight. However, there are other ways you can lose weight simply by changing lifestyle habits. You may be surprised at some of the things you can do to help increase fat burning. Here are some of the ways you can lose weight naturally:
- Drink more water - Drinking water before meals can lead to reduced calorie intake, especially for middle-aged and older people
- Eat slowly - Your diet is important but how fast you eat your food also matters. The slower you eat, the easier it is for your body to process food. You will also feel less hungry if you eat slowly
- Get enough sleep - Getting enough sleep is incredibly important for weight loss, as well as to prevent future weight gain. Studies have shown that sleep-deprived people are 55% more likely to become obese, compared to those who get enough sleep
- Brush your teeth after meals - Experts believe that brushing your teeth or flossing after a meal can help prevent the urge to snack
- Focus on mental health - The better your mental health the higher the chance you will follow a healthy diet and an exercise routine
Supplements May Help
A healthy lifestyle extends beyond your diet and lifestyle. Pairing your healthy lifestyle with exercise and a regular supplement regimen can help enhance the positive effects of dieting and fasting. While fasting your body enters a process known as autophagy, a cellular renewal process which cleans out damaged or dead cellular material, improving your cells’ overall function and health. Spermidine, a naturally occurring polyamine, aids in inducing autophagy. While you can reap the benefits of spermidine through a spermidine rich diet, it can be difficult to meet the recommended daily dose of spermidine through diet alone. This is because spermidine content varies widely between foods. Spermidine supplements can help ensure you meet your daily intake of spermidine.