Fast Metabolism Benefits
- Katherine Li
spermidineLIFE® Dietary Supplement
If you’re researching ways to lose weight, we don’t need to tell you about your metabolism. The faster your metabolism, the easier it will be for you to lose weight. This article will go over the benefits of a fast metabolism, how you can tell if you have a fast metabolism, and how you can boost your metabolism.
What is a Fast Metabolism?
When it comes to weight loss and weight maintenance, a fast metabolism is a holy grail. If your metabolism is high - or fast - you will burn more calories at rest and during activity than those with a slower metabolism. While that sounds great, it does have its drawbacks - believe it or not.
Those with a fast metabolism will have a difficult time maintaining their weight or gaining weight. That’s why some people can eat more than others without gaining weight. While we can influence our metabolic rate, it’s primarily genetic and out of our control.
What are the Symptoms of a High Metabolism?
It can be challenging to gauge metabolisms. In fact, as it stands right now, there’s no widely accepted method for determining whether or not someone has a fast or slow metabolism. However, some signs of a fast metabolism that you can be on the lookout for if you are curious include:
- Weight loss
- Elevated heart rate
- Feeling hot and sweaty often
- Feeling hungry often throughout the day
It should be noted that these symptoms are often due to other factors or serious health issues that have nothing to do with your metabolism. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it’s best to speak with your doctor.
What are the Benefits Of A Fast Metabolism?
Some of the benefits of a fast metabolism are obvious. The most substantial benefit being the fact that you burn calories faster. This makes weight loss easier. It also provides you a buffer when you feel like treating yourself to an unhealthy meal or dessert. Here are some other fast metabolism benefits:
- Cleanse the body - A fast metabolism can help cleanse your body of toxins and fats faster than if you have a slow metabolism
- Energy - Those with a fast metabolism tend to have more energy than those with a slower metabolism
- Better blood - A fast metabolism gives your body better blood circulation
Which Foods Increase Metabolism and Burn Fat?
As we mentioned earlier in the article, our metabolic rate mostly comes from genetics. However, there are things we can do to boost our metabolism. One of the ways we can do this is by building a healthy and balanced diet. Here are some foods that increase metabolism:
- Protein-rich foods - Meat, fish, eggs, dairy, legumes
- Iron, zinc, and selenium-rich foods
- Chili peppers
- Legumes and pulses
Fortunately, these foods are commonplace in most healthy diets.
What is a Metabolism Test?
As we mentioned earlier in the article, there is no test for metabolic rate - at least not one agreed upon by most experts. However, there are some methods to test for metabolic rate. Whether or not this metabolism test is 100% accurate or not is up for debate among experts.
Certain tests measure how many calories someone is burning, allowing nutritionists to see whether someone is burning more or fewer calories than they should. These tests use the Actual Resting Energy Expenditure (AREE) - the number of calories burned while we are resting. A nutritionist will analyze the AREE and the PREE (predicted resting energy expenditure) to assess if the body is burning the number of calories it should.
What is the Best Drink to Boost Metabolism?
Adding the foods we mentioned above into your diet can be a big help. Adding a few of these beverages to your daily routine can also help boost your metabolism. These concoctions exist with your metabolism in mind. Here are some drinks to boost your metabolism:
- Jeera water - Jeera is a spice most commonly found in Indian curries. This spice can help suppress hunger and speed up the weight loss process
- Fennel seed water - Fennel seed water is a traditional remedy often used to combat bloating and indigestion. It can also help boost your metabolism
- Ajwain water - Also known as carom seeds, ajwain can help boost the metabolism
- Lemon water - Drinking a glass of lukewarm lemon water can be wondrous for your body. It’s packed with antioxidants and pectin fiber, which assist in weight loss
- Green tea - Green tea is packed with antioxidants and is known to boost metabolism. There’s a reason this drink has boomed in popularity in recent years
Of course, simply adding these drinks to your daily routine isn’t enough to boost your metabolism by itself. Pairing these drinks with a healthy diet and a consistent exercise routine, however, will work wonders for your metabolism.
Supplements May Help
A healthy lifestyle extends beyond your diet. Pairing your healthy lifestyle with exercise and a regular supplement regimen can help enhance the positive effects of dieting and fasting. While fasting, your body enters a process known as autophagy, a cellular renewal process that cleans out damaged or dead cellular material, improving your cells’ overall function and health. Spermidine, a naturally occurring polyamine, aids in inducing autophagy. While you can reap the benefits of spermidine through a spermidine-rich diet, it can be challenging to meet the recommended daily dose of spermidine through diet alone. This is because spermidine content varies widely between foods. Spermidine supplements can help ensure you meet your daily intake of spermidine.